The Didde Catholic Campus Center located in Emporia, KS currently has an employment opportunity for a part-time custodian and general "handyman" position.
We are looking for candidates that:
- Take pride in the work that they do
- Are known for their ability to quickly and efficiently clean various areas
- Are a self-starter
- Have been recognized for delivering great service
- Are eager to be part of a team serving the Catholic mission to higher education
As a Custodian you will:
- Respond positively and quickly to internal and external requests
- Clean public areas including, but not limited to, a large chapel, lobby, restrooms, lounge and social areas, and classrooms
- Sweep, wet mop, scrub, dust, and clean indoors as well as policing debris outdoors as necessary
- Perform snow and ice removal when necessary
- Do an annual deep clean of the Center during the summer when the Center is not in use
- Is based in Emporia, KS
- Wages start at $10.50/hr
- Works 25 hours per week, 7am-12pm M-F
- Ability to lift 65 pounds occasionally, and 45 pounds frequently
- Ability to be on your feet at least seven hours per day
- Have manual dexterity, trunk strength and wrist-finger movement
- Experience handling and using a wide variety of cleaning products and equipment, including climbing ladders
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English and possess at least an eighth grade education
How To Apply:
- Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Background check required.
Candidates will be expected to be able to competently perform the routine tasks of the position with limited supervision by the end of the probation period, with or without reasonable accommodations.
The Immigration Reform Act of 1986 requires both identity and eligibility for employment proof within three days of employment.